How It Works
ON YOUR MARKS
- Register your contact details
- Tell us about your school and whether you're entering a class, year group or whole school
- Complete our quick survey. The website then uses the baseline data to set you targets for increasing the number of pupils who travel actively to school
- Before starting the challenge, take a look at our fantastic free resource Increasing Active Travel to School - a six-week, step-by-step guide for ideas and activities to help you achieve the biggest shift
- Choose five days to take the challenge. This can be five consecutive days or five days spread out over a maximum of five weeks
- Visit our online shop www.movewithsustrans.org.uk to view products designed to help you promote active and sustainable travel
- Enter the data for how pupils are travelling actively to school. This can be done each day so you can see how well you are doing against your targets or in one go at the end of the five days
- Use our local authority search tool to identify schools taking part in your area
- At the end of the final day you can download your free certificate of achievement. Your school will be added to our Hall of Fame
- Any school which averages over 75% of pupils travelling actively to school will be awarded 'Top Achiever' status and can purchase a special award plaque
- You have the option to repeat the challenge at any time in the future. The website will remember your original baseline data to set the targets unless you wish to change them.
- Click here to complete our feedback survey when you have finished the Big Shift.